Monday, November 13, 2017

INTRODUCING EXPRESSIONS IN ENGLISH

INTRODUCING ONESELF AND OTHERS IN ENGLISH

A Narration

Introducing yourself to someone does not mean that you are only telling you name. It may include others such as where your work, where do you come from, your job, your hobbies and much more.


How you introduce yourself depends on the situation where your are in and the amount of information on the situation where you are in.

"Hi", "Hey", "Hello" are more formal way. These are universal phrases and you can use them to anyone : a senior, a friend, a relative, or someone younger. These phrases are suitable for both formal and informal situation.

"Hello" or "Hi" is not enough, you have to tell the person your name. You can start the sentence by saying :Hello, my name is ..." or "Hey, I am ....?,  In formal situations you might say your full name. If it is between friends you can use a colloquial phrase such as "The call me ....."

To ask someone's  name, you can say " My name is ...... What's yours?" If you want to tell your hobbies you could say "I really love playing tennis" Or "My favorite hobby is playing tennis"

B. some expressions of Introducing Oneself

1. Hello. I'm .....
2. Hello. My name is....
3. Nice to meet you.
4.  I'd like to introduce my self.I'm ....
5. Let me introduce my self. I'm ....
6. Glad to meet you.
7. Pleased to meet you
7. May I introduce myself 
8. You  can  call me
9.  I'm from ... Where are you from?
10. I come from ... Where do you come from?
11. How do you do?


B. Some expressions of Introducing others

1. Do you know him ?
2. June, please meet Anton
3. Anton, Have you met June ?
4. I'd like you to meet Anton.
5. I'd like to introduce you to Anton.
6. Anton, This is June. June this is Anton.


C. Respond to introducing

1. How do you do. I'm...
2. Happy to meet you too
3. Nice to meet you too. I'm ... 
4. Pleased to meet you too. I'm ....
5. I'm from...
6. I com from ....



D. Dialogue of Introducing oneself

Alex    :  Good morning. Let me introduce myself My name is 
               Alex. My complete name is Alex Smith. I'm from 
               Australia. My hobby is playing tennis. What's yours?"
Beni    :  Good morning. I'm Beni. I'm from Indonesia.  Tennis is 
               my hobby too. someday we can play tennis. 
Alex    :  Of course. By the way, do you live here? I live not so far 
               from here. 
Beni    : Yes I do, pleased to meet you.
Alex    :  pleased to meet you too. See you.

E. Dialogue of Introducing others.

Yeni     :  Hi John. How are you?
John     :  Hi. I'm fine. Yeni I'd like to introduce my friend, 
                George. He's from UK. George, This is Yeni.
George :  How do you do?
Yenni    : I'm fine. Thank you. and How do you do?
George  :  Fine. thanks. It's nice to meet you.
Yenni    :  Nice to meet you. By the way do you study in this
                 university ?
George  :  yes. I take Medicine faculty.
Yenni    :  wow. I take literary.  Oh ya I have class now. I have to 
                 go. See you later. Bye.
George  :  See you. Bye.