Saturday, January 6, 2018

LIKE AND DISLIKE EXPRESSIONS

EXPRESSING LIKE AND DISLIKE 



Expressing LIKES

The followings are the expressions of LIKES
1 I like ....
2. I love ...
3. I really love .....
4. I adore ...5. I enjoy ....
6. I really enjoy ....
7. I feel like .....
8. I am mad about ....
9. I am crazy about .....
10. am very fond of .....
11. I am  very keen on .....
12. I'm into ....
13. I'm a big fan of 
14. I"m fascinated about


Expressing DISLIKES

The followings are the expressions of DISLIKE
1. I dislike ....
2. I don't like ....
3. I hate ....
4. I detest ...
5. I loathe ...
6. I abhor ....
7. Oh, how awful
8. I am not keen on ....
9.  I am fed up with ...
10. I don't think I like ...
11. I can't stand with...
12. I can't bear ....
13. I'm tried of ....


Some points to remember about LIKES and DISLIKES

1. When these expressions are followed by a verb, the next verb must be in -ing form
    Examples :
    - L like fishing.
    - I love travelling
    - I really enjoy watching this film.
    - I don't like playing football
    - I detest walking alone
    - I loathe reading serious novel. 
2. Note that :very much" and " a lot" always come after the things you like.
    Examples :
    -  I like football very much ( a lot).  Not I like very much (a lot) football*
3. Be careful when we use {I don't mind"
    Example :
    A: "Do you mind singing a song?    
    B: "I don't mind (It means that's OK for me I neither love it nor hate it)

Examples of LIKE and DISLIKES :
- I'm mad about drinking coffee but I can't bear drinking milk
- I adore playing a guitar, but I loather playing a piano.

Dialogue :


1. 
John  :  Hello friend, Do you like watching a film tonight?
Lulu  :  Oh, no thanks. I don't really feel like watching a film 
            tonight .How about going out instead.
John   : OK. Do you love eating food in a restaurant?
Lulu   :  Oh Yes I really love eating food, especially Italian food,
John   :  Oh so sorry I don't think I like Italian food, What about 
              Chinese food.
Lulu    : Well, I really love it. Let's go.



2.
Waiter  : Do you want some foods ?
Alex     :  I want Pizza, what about you ?
Lee       :  Meat ball please
Waiter  :  Alright, please wait.
Alex     :  Why don't you order a glass of coffee. Do you like coffee?
Lee       :  I don;t really like coffee. I am about tea. How about you ?
Alex     :  I am very fond of coffee. I think it can refresh my mind. 






.